Terms & Conditions l Casai Club & Lounge
Casai Club – Terms and Conditions
The loyalty program for Barrarías, S. de R.L. de C.V. (“Casai”) is Casai Club (hereinafter, “Casai Club”). Casai Club operates under the terms and conditions as set out below unless otherwise expressly stated (the “Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions”).
The Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions govern the Casai’s relationship with members of the Casai Club (collectively, “Casai Club Members,” and individually, a “Casai Club Member,” “Member,” or “you”), including how Members manage their accounts, book reservations, and request Casai Club’s’ perks as described in these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions.
By opening a Casai Club membership account (the “Account”) to receive and redeem perks of the Casai Club, you agree that:
- you have read and accept these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions; you have read and accept the [insert link of Casai Lounge’s Terms and Conditions]and you have read and accept the Casai’s General Terms & Conditions; and
- you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data by Casai, Casai Club, and their authorized third-party agents and licensees in accordance with the Casai’s Privacy Notice.
Enrollment to Casai Club
Membership in the Casai Club program is free and available to any individual who: (a) is at least 18 (eighteen) years old and possesses the legal authority to agree to the Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions in the United Mexican States (“México”); (b) provides valid and accurate personal information when enrolling in the Casai Club; and (c) have a current valid reservation in one of Casai’s unit. Memberships in the Casai Club are personal and non-transferable.
All Casai Club benefits, amenities, offers, perks and services are subject to availability and may be changed by Casai at any time without notice. Casai may terminate Casai Club, in whole or in part, at any time to all active Casai Club Members. At Casai’s sole discretion, Casai may choose to substitute a similar loyalty program for Casai Club at any time immediately upon notice to active Casai Club Members.
Members are responsible for reading and understanding the Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions, Account statements, and other communications from Casai about the Casai Club in order to understand his/her rights, responsibilities, and status in the Casai Club. If a Member has any questions about the Casai Club or these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions, the Member should contact email@example.com.
Perks of the Membership
- Casai Club Members will have the possibility of requesting complimentary or discounted Early Check-in or Late Check-outs upon unit availability, as stated below. Members must confirm with Casai such availability, which may be granted in the terms provided by Casai, or not.
The early check-in (“ECI”) and the late check-out (“LCO”) are the cases in which the Member will be granted access or staying in different hours to the stated check-in at 3PM and check-out hours 11AM, as follows:
Complementary upon availability:
- If ECI is at 1 PM.
- If LCO is at 3 PM.
Discounted charge upon availability:
- If ECI is from 7 AM to 1 PM: 50% of your daily rate.
- If ECI is from 12 AM to 7 AM: 80% of your daily rate.
- If LCO is from 1 PM to 7 PM: 50% of your daily rate.
- If LCO is from 7 PM to 12 AM: 80% of your daily rate.
ECI will not be applicable in the event that there is another check-out that same day and LCO after 1 PM in case there is another check-in on the same day.
You agree that you will have a 15-minute tolerance complementary LCO time, in case you do not exit the unit, Casai may proceed to charge an additional fee of 20% (twenty percent) of the daily rate.
- Casai Club Members may have access to certain special offers, which include, subject to availability, the following:
Bike rentals: Casai bicycles will be available to Members at no additional cost (requires a deposit in case of any damage or loss). Subject to availability, Members must pick up and return bicycles at the Casai office & lounge located at Calle Durango No. 357, Colonia Roma Norte, Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06700, Mexico City, Mexico, in the terms stipulated between Casai and you at the time of the rental.
Wellness kit: You can purchase our wellness kit: yoga mat, Casai water bottle, cotton bag, and aromatherapy kit with a 20% (twenty percent) discount.
Casai, may at its sole discretion grant, change or remove at any time any of the special offers to the Members, without prior notice.
- Casai Club Members may have access to complementary Casai wellness classes and sessions. Classes and sessions will be imparted live for all Members once a week, or you can schedule 1:1 classes with our wellness instructor, buying one class and getting one for free. Please contact Casai for detailed schedule information of classes and sessions.
Casai, may at its sole discretion change the day or time, or remove at any time any of the wellness classes and sessions to the Members, without prior notice. Also Casai may change the terms of the 1:1 session promotions at any time, without prior notice.
- Casai Club Members may have access to personalized customer experience services based on your preferences.
- Casai Club Members may have access to the Casai Lounge located at Calle Durango No. 357, Colonia Roma Norte, Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06700, Mexico City, with no additional cost, having free high speed WiFi, complimentary amenities to be chosen from time to time by Casai and subject to availability, books, magazines and newspaper. Members must request access to the lounge to Casai’s customer service team.
Casai may anytime limit the general access to the Casai Lounge in case of acts of god and force majeure, governmental sanitary reasons or by any other reason without prior notice.
Conditions of Enrollment
An individual may apply to enroll in the Casai Club programs by fully and accurately completing an application on the Casai Club program, or through another enrollment channel. Casai may deny membership in the Casai Club to any applicant in its sole discretion and without notice.
All Casai Club communications will be sent to a Member’s mailing address or email address currently provided in the Member’s Account. Members must keep their email and mailing addresses current. Neither Casai nor the Casai Club shall have any responsibility for misdirected or lost mail or any consequences thereof.
Casai may also send Members promotions, offers and other communications from time to time, which may include, without limitation, items from third parties. The items from third parties are based on the information provided to Casai by a Member and any additional data Casai may maintain.
Other Conditions of Enrollment
A Member may cancel his/her membership in the Casai Club at any time by sending written notice of cancellation to Casai’s customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Casai may cancel or suspend Member’s Casai Club benefits, or cancel a Member’s Account at any time with immediate effect and without written notice, for any reason and in Casai’s sole discretion.
Casai Club and other related benefits and services are the sole property of Casai, and are not the property of Members. On cancellation of membership in the Casai Club for any reason, Members will no longer be able to participate in the Casai Club.
Except as otherwise expressly prohibited or limited by applicable laws, Casai has the right to change, limit, modify or cancel the Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions at any time, with or without notice.
Casai may terminate the Casai Club at any time. At Casai’s sole discretion, Casai may choose to substitute a similar loyalty program for the Casai Club program at any time immediately upon notice to active Casai Club Members.
Casai is the sole and exclusive owner or licensee of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and copyrighted or copyrightable materials of Casai and its affiliates. Members shall never, directly or indirectly, interfere with, challenge, file applications for, or claim ownership of these trademarks.
Casai’s waiver of any breach of these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions by any Member will not constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach of these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions. Casai’s failure to insist upon strict compliance with these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions by any Member will not be deemed a waiver of any rights or remedies Casai may have against that or any other Member. Casai may waive compliance with these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion and may run promotions from time to time that provide enhanced benefits to select Members.
Choice of Law and Venue
Any disputes arising out of or related to Casai Club or these Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions will be handled individually without any class action, and will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Mexico. The exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to the Casai Club or the Casai Club’s Terms and Conditions may be filed only in courts located in Mexico City, Mexico.
Casai Bike T&Cs
You (a) accept the following Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”), (b) undertake to be obliged pursuant to them, and (c) expressly represent your acceptance in terms of article 1803 of the Federal Civil Code and article 93 of the Commerce Code. We beg you to read these Terms and Conditions carefully. It is your responsibility to read them as you acknowledge that, in case of acceptance, you will have obligations with Casai in accordance with their terms. You and Casai represent your acceptance with the Terms and Conditions, acknowledging that they are an agreement between Casai and the Guest regarding the rent and use of Casai Bike.
The rent of a Casai Bike includes the following items: (i) bicycle and (ii) Cable code lock. You must ensure that all of the items provided to you are functional and if not, you must inform Casai of any malfunctioning item or items before using it/them. Casai is not responsible for providing safety equipment such as helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and reflective tape, however Casai highly recommends its use. The Casai Bike is only available for Casai’s guests with a current and running reservation on the property Tonalá 30, Roma Norte, CDMX; and the use of the bike is restricted only to at least 24 hours prior to the check-out, bookings on the same day of the check-out are not permitted. It is prohibited to sublet or sublease the bicycle. The Casai Bike is subject to availability. The minimum rental period of the Casai Bike is 2 (two) hours. The payable amount and term of the rent of the Casai Bike will be previously determined and advertised from time to time by Casai. All rentals must fulfill (i) an individual form per bike filled and signed by the Guest, (ii) rental payment in advance and confirmed by Casai, and (iii) a security deposit in order to have the right to use the Bike.
Once Casai confirms the payment and the security deposit, you will need to: select the link given by the Customer Experience team, select in the calendar the desired date and hour you would like to rent the Casai bike and fill out with the guest information: name, email and reservation code (as stated originally in the stay’s confirmation email). Each reservation is personal and non-transferable. If the bike is available, the guest will receive a confirmation email for the assigned bike, the padlock code of the bike and the general instructions. With the confirmation email, the guest should go with the guard of the building and hand over their official ID. Once the guard confirms the information in the reservations (both for the stay and the bike) with the official ID, the guard will deliver this form, which needs to be signed by the guest and returned to the guard prior to the use of the bike. The guard will take a picture of this signed form with the guest’s official ID and keep the signed form, returning the official ID. The guard will show the guest his leased bike. During the rental term of Casai Bike, the bicycle, the items provided, and their good usage are solely your responsibility and it should be returned to the guard in the same conditions as received by the guest and in the time selected by the guest in the reservation.
You realize that the use of the Casai Bike can involve injuries, risks, damages to third parties and/or damages, included but not limited to: (i) injuries from falling, (ii) broken bones, (iii) head injury, (iv) knee pain, (v) hamstring or calf pain (vii) damage to third parties property. You understand it is your responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding your use of the Casai Bike offered by Casai. You represent and warrant that you are physically fit and have no medical condition that would prevent the correct use of the Casai Bike. You knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim that you may have against Casai for any injury, damages to third parties, and/or damages that you may sustain as a result of the use of any of the Casai Bikes. You, your heirs or legal representatives, forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Casai for any injury, risk damages to third parties, and/or damages caused by the use of Casai Bike. You release and waiver the liability and fully understand its contents.
On the expiration date of the rental term, you will have to return the Bike to our security staff in the time selected when the reservation was made and before 21:00. If you fail to do that, an additional fee may be charged at Casai’s discretion. Casai will confirm that all items described in your Casai Bike form were returned in the same conditions they were provided and reimburse the full amount of the security deposit in the next 5 (five) working days if there aren´t lost or damaged items.
- Guests must follow and comply with Mexico City’s Mobility Law regarding bicycle use. Please keep in mind the following:
- Use the bike zone lanes.
- Cycle on sidewalks is prohibited.
- Respect the city’s signals and stop lights.
- The use of headphones and cellphones while cycling is prohibited.
- Only one person is allowed per bike.
- Follow the traffic direction.
Guests should know that Mexico City Mobility Law treats cyclists the same way as vehicles. If the guest infringes any Mexico City rules or regulations, Casai can by no means be held liable.
- The Guest must not leave the Casai Bike unattended for long periods of time.
- The Guest must ensure the bike is locked with the provided lock never leaving it unlocked. Instructions on how to lock the bike will be displayed on the bike’s station.
- The Guest must immediately contact Casai in the event of loss, theft, or damage of the bike by telephone +52 5577022192
- In the event of loss, theft, or damage of the bicycle or any item provided by Casai, the guest must pay as follows:
- A lost bicycle or item is considered as any bicycle or item received by the guest not given back to Casai at the end of the rental term. In this case, the guest will be charged with the original cost of the bicycle or the item plus a 20% processing fee according to the following:
Bike Lock and Key
MXN $600.00 pesos
MXN $8,995 pesos
- A damaged bicycle or item is any bicycle or item that is damaged beyond repair and cannot longer be used. Guests must pay for the original cost of the bicycle or item damaged at the end of the rental term plus a 20% processing fee. The guest may be charged for the replacement of the entire bicycle or item if single parts cannot be replaced. If it is possible to replace the damaged parts, the guest will only be charged for the replacement according to the following:
Damaged Part or Item
Bike Lock and Key
MXN $350 – $600.00 pesos
MXN $2,000 – $7,500 pesos
These amounts may be discounted from the security deposit or charged to the guest at Casai´s discretion. Guests will be given a receipt for fines and fees paid for lost and/or damaged bikes and/or items.
- f) In case of fortuitous damage to the bike, including but not exclusive to flat tires, the guest must communicate with a customer experience associate, who will guide the guest through instructions for the pick up of the bike in the location of the accident. The presence of the guest will be required until the official pick up of the bike in the determined location with the customer experience member. Casai is not responsible for the transportation of the guest from the place of the accident to any other location. Any additional fee originated by the damage, will be charged at Casai’s discretion.
You expressly agree that your use of the Casai Bike is at your sole risk. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Casai disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Casai will not be liable for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from the use of the Casai Bike or any of the items included in or otherwise made available to you through any Casai service, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages unless otherwise specified in writing.